Mardi Gras 20 Baseball - a fun, exciting way to spend a Saturday night. Add an opportunity for you to be a part of the pre-game, post-game and in-game fun - what a super, amazing Saturday evening to be had by all!
Come to Zephyrs Field on Saturday July 12th and join the Disco Amigos, Zephyrs Baseball and their fans as we host a Disco Resurrection Party and attempt to break the record for the World’s Largest Disco!
On July 12, 1979, Chicago DJ Steve Dahl invited his fellow Disco haters to Comiskey Park to blow up disco records on the field during a White Sox/Detroit Tigers doubleheader. The ill-fated baseball promotional event became known as Disco Demolition Night, and Dahl declared it the “Death of Disco”.
Join us on the 35th anniversary of that fateful evening to prove the Disco party is alive and pumping in New Orleans and the world!
This family friendly event will include Disco themed festivities throughout the evening.
- 4:30pm - Disco Tailgate Party in front of Zephyr Field with Fans
- 5:30pm - Disco Parade on the Field
- 6:00pm - Zephyrs vs. Redbirds Baseball Game with in-game activities including
- Dizzy Disco Ball Race
- Best Disco Outfit Contest
- Grooviest Disco Dance Move Contest
- The “Disco-iest Car” Contest
- 9:00pm - Post Game Disco Party on the field with 70’s band LavaLamp Audience Participation in a Disco Performance, Soul Train and Line Dance
So join us early to bust your moves at the Disco Tailgate Party by the ticket windows. Boogie on to sign up for in-game activities. And watch the attached videos to learn the dance to participate in our performance at the end of the game - a great warm up to our disco soul train, line dance and LavaLamp concert!
Wear your hottest disco attire to receive discounted tickets! Bring a Disco record, 45 or 8-track and receive a free gift.
Bringing out your disco spirit - priceless. See you at 6000 Airline Dr., Metairie, LA 70003.